Customers & Vendors Integration (CVI) are considered one of the top items in SAP S4HANA simplification list
BP transaction code which is know for Business Partners is the single point of entry to create, edit, and display master data for business partners, customers, and vendors as well
In S/4HANA all the previous ECC transactions, reports, conditions records, forms, etc. which use customer or vendor number will continue using the customer or vendor number. Even a new BP number is assigned to customer or vendor, the ECC customer or vendor number still has to be used.
ECC transactions that are no longer available or redirected (where possible) to transaction BP:
FD01, FD02, FD03, FD05, FD06, FD08FK01, FK02, FK03, FK05, FK06, FK08MAP1, MAP2, MAP3MK01, MK02, MK03, MK05, MK06, MK12, MK18, MK19V-03, V-04, V-05, V-06, V-07, V-08, V-09, V-11, V+21, V+22, V+23VAP1, VAP2, VAP3VD01, VD02, VD03, VD05, VD06XD01, XD02, XD03, XD05, XD06, XD07XK01, XK02, XK03, XK05, XK06, XK07
Simplification List Item Description:
• The (mandatory) target approach in SAP S/4HANA is the Business Partner approach (Customer-Vendor Integration [CVI]).
• Business Partner is now capable of centrally managing master data for business partners, customers, and vendors. With current development, BP is the single point of entry to create, edit, and display master data for business partners, customers, and vendors.
• The specific tables for customer data (KNA1) and vendor data (LFA1) remain available and are not impacted.
Note: It´s recommended but not mandatory that Business Partner ID and Customer-ID / Vendor ID are the same.
S/4HANA future-oriented Business Partner
- A legal entity is represented with one Business Partner, one unique Business Partner for different roles e.g. Customer, Supplier, Contact…
- Different Business Partner Categories –Organization, Person, Group
- Maximal data sharing and reuse of data which leads to an easier data consolidation
- General Data available for all different business partner roles, specific data is stored for each role
- Several Addresses possible with a default Address
- Time dependency on different sub entities e.g. roles, address, relationship, bank data etc.
Main Configuration Steps:
1- Activate the PPO Request for the synchronization object Business Partner
2- Check that Active Synchronization between Customer/Vendor and BP is active
3- Create Business Partner number range and grouping
4- Assign number ranges to BP Grouping
5- Assign BP Role to Customer/Vendor Account Group
6- Assign Grouping to Customer/Vendors Account groups
7- Activate Postprocessing Office
8- Run Report MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT, It creates a corresponding SAP business partner for the customer, vendor and contact data for general data, addresses, role data, bank details.